Friday, March 25, 2016

Great Vacation Getaways

Dreaming of Seminyak, Bali


In 1979 I flew to China after a ten year marriage fell apart. My new boyfriend invited me to join him on a Medical Study Tour when the doors were just opening up. At that time there were very few hotels in the whole of China. Things were very rustic and utilitarian and we felt repressed even though the experience was extraordinary and exciting. I had never been exposed to a communist country nor that level of poverty and suffering. For three weeks we toured the entire country. It was grueling, difficult physically and a real challenge emotionally.

We planned to end on a high note after hearing so many things about magical Bali. I had no idea what was in store for me. From the moment the plane landed it felt like a burden of pain and suffering was lifted from my shoulders. The contrast from China was remarkable. We headed right to #Seminyak. The beauty of the environment met my eyes and a new love affair began and one I will never forget. I felt soft, relaxed and melted into the sights, sounds and smells all around me. The daily sunshine was like medicine to my soul. When I swam in the pool a calm liberation came over me. I was free. Through #Bali’s natural beauty, I felt myself letting go.

The longing of spending time in Bali has never left me. I have been planning a special trip for my big birthday and when I viewed Villa 308 in Seminyak #http://www.villagetaways.com/villas/display/Villa/308 I knew immediately this was it. All the traditional charm, beach front, tropical gardens and location were perfect. I experienced a Balinese traditional wedding massage which takes place over several hours with three people. First you lay on the table and they give you a warm up massage, shower you and then comes the exfoliation scrub. After that you are immersed in a bath with flower petals as they bathe you ever so gently. You are taken back to the massage table for a deep tissue massage and using #bali-essential-oils from the local flower blends you are lifted into a higher zone of delight by their attentive, neutral and giving personalities. Imagine, three hands times two all over your body.When the massage of my lifetime was over, I sat in my chair and wrote insightful poetry to my children. I wrote from a new awareness that came from leaving all my troubles behind. I was forever changed.

As I view this property and all it’s charm I imagine another experience of massage. In this villa I imagine peace filling my being, listening to sounds of waves softly in the background, feeling safe and secure in this private setting, feeling the heart of Bali’s beauty surrounding me and I breathe deeply into every second of the experience. I imagine going back to this sacred space that once altered my life. This time I have my family with me enjoying the magic and mystery of what is considered heaven on earth. Bali awaits me. Your #http://www.villagetaways.com/villas/display/Villa/308 awaits me.

I am ready for #Thegetawaylife.com

No comments:

Post a Comment